Sunday, December 25, 2005

Pink-pink Pinkyblog!! The year that was...

Why the year 2005 was one of the best years of my life:

11 - My relationship with Rohit happened - and although he eventually turned out to be the rotten scum from the underside of a cow's belly, we had a lot of..er..fun (HEHAHEHAHE)

10 - I interned with a great..er..good..er..never mind.. PR agency, and had my first real experience in a 9 to 5 job. . .which aside from occasional flirting sessions with my boss *giggle giggle* was as much fun as reading 'The Life and Works of Droopy the Depressed Dog' - backwards.

9 - Abhishek Bachchan had the previlige of honouring me with a medal at Summer Funk'05, SDIPA..... *flutters away to fantasy-land*

8 - SPB-1 happened - It was neither good nor bad, but I had 3 glorious months of screaming out to the world that I was a part of the troupe of the best dancers that Shiamak had. HA! *Blows the trumpet louder!!!*

7 - White Water Rafting baby!!! It owns you like your parents don't!!! The sheer thrill of plunging through the rapids, the beauty of the Ganges, the freezing cold of the water...nothing can be expressed in words. It can only be experienced.

6 - I started writing for JLT - and the JLT readership ballooned. But of course, that can be attributed to the fact that I account for 60% of their sales...(Now, you know what I use my big secret cabinet in my big secret room for...muhahahaha.. and..er.. also why I'm always so broke)

5 - I'm currently working full-time for JLT, for a long and fruitful period of, ahem, two weeks, and loving it. It doesn't feel like work at all, it just feels like we are a bunch of friends chilling and doing nothing. Wait, to tell you the truth I don't remember the last time I worked. Does going to the juice-wallah at Horniman (yeah, yeah, have laughed too many times on that one to bother now) Circle twice to buy Strawberry-Avocado juice count as work? It doesn't? Oh well..You can't say I didn't try.

4 - I earned my first paycheck...and then some. Which very much shut up all those who mocked my decision to forgo engineering for Mass Media, and reduced them into puppy-dogs who now bark on my tunes. I wish I could tell them which finger I was sticking up right now. *phhhhbbbttttt* chodus

3 - I shifted to DADAR!!!!! Yeah, baby!!! Yeah Baby!! Ah-ha Ah-ha Ah-ha!!

2 - erm... Super Sale? My sensational silver screen debut happened as a result of a fluke test and boredom. I 'starred' (hehehehe) in Super Sale Har Sale ka Baap ( as every gujju I pass on the road politely reminds me, till date) and figured out why I was single - My eyes are too deep-set, my nose is too big, my hair is too stringy and my voice is too hoarse, not to mention that I'm too short, too cocky, and filled with tooooo much knowledge about absolutely useless things like Aishwarya Rai's name in her first Pepsi commercial *sigh and double sigh*. If only men realised that beneath my ugly and nerdy exterior lies a gorgeous dumb-blond waiting to be set free. If only.

1 - I started writing this blog, which I consider to be the starting point of all the good in my life. It urged a lazy person like me to write, and helped me discover my sorry excuse for a talent, but a talent nonetheless. It changed my life, in more ways than one. Many thanks to Rishi for introducing me to blogging, will be forever in your debt (now those were words I never thought I'd say... it must be the pill talking)

It wasn't like the year didn't have its downs. It did. Lots of them. There were many moments when it fell like my life was falling apart at the seams. But no problem looked like it couldn't be overcome with a little resilience and a lot of anti-depressant shopping (hehe). The good times always outnumbered the bad, and I've never been this happy about myself and my life in a long, long time.
I don't know what the new year will bring, but I will hope and work towards making it better than the last, both personally and professionally. I will try and be a better person, and my first step towards reaching that goal will be letting go of all the grudges I'm holding right now. I forgive all you mother-fuckers for hurting me, and I hope you will forgive after I get my revenge (well, what did you think?).

To all my friends, I love you all - I know I've said it too many times, but it just never seems enough. I will be lost without you. Thank you - ayesha, aksh, tulsi, raddy, rishi, girish, chets, radhi, mitali, ruch, dv, sam, v, kanya, sid - u r all my sweethearts. Hope you have a fantastic new year ahead.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger h3lios said...

"Many thanks to Rishi for introducing me to blogging, will be forever in your debt (now those were words I never thought I'd say... it must be the pill talking)"-medussaaah

why thank you;)

whatever pill that is, i want some :P

Tue Jan 03, 01:11:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Hellspawn~ The Ωmen said...

sure.. dont mention the King himself who coined 'pinkyblog' :(

happy ney year anyway! :)

~Supreme Bashar Om3n

Sat Jan 07, 05:42:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Anuya said...

ha! u r hardly there, king!
do u even kno my last name?

:P

Sat Jan 07, 06:48:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Anuya said...

huh?


ayesha honey as much as i love u...
i think u r finally losin ur mind

Mon Jan 09, 07:48:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Information about health, drugs and online pharmacy.
Health Articles